Saturday, February 18, 2012

More for Saxon's Deal

Still trying to get all Saxon's kits for $.99 each. She has so many different themes and all fun! I am going broke saving money! But this is so much fun. I really love seeing my pages as examples of her kits. I feel like a star!

This is from her kit "At the Museum - China." I was so shocked when I opened one of her papers and it was almost identical to a photo I took in Changsha at the Yuelu Academy of Classical Learning, now known as the Hunan University. The photo on the stairs is our adoption group getting ready to enter the University.

The next page is from the kit "At the Museum - India." Aurora had a presentation on India to give. I have a shalwar kameez from India and although I'm much bigger than Aurora, with the right pants, she was able to pull it off. She just had LOTS of breathing room! I have a number of scarves made in India, so we picked the prettiest one, lots of my jewelry, and did her makeup. She didn't look very Chinese when we were finished, but she was so beautiful. She'd only let me take one photo, so it had to have a very special kit to evoke the Indian spirit. I thought this kit filled the bill beautifully.


This is the kit "Vintage Valentine." The kit had a real nice "old-time" feel. It's delicate and beautiful and I thought the photos of Uncle Cennie with his two youngest boys could stand the more feminine touches due to the love you can see the man has for his kids. It's too bad he was squinting in the sun in the one pic. Mom says he was quite the handsome older gentleman. He gave Mom one of her first jobs. She said he was a wonderful employer who always made you feel special and you wanted to do your best for him. I love how this kit goes so well with Uncle Cennie's straw hat and gives you the feel of days gone by.


The kit here is "Loss of a Good Man." It's masculine, but gorgeous colors. The duel frame was really handy for showing the contrast from the Pop who held me back in 1960 and the older, wiser version holding Luke 51 years later. My dad loves little kids and it really shows on his face. I love the way this kit let me show that.

No comments:

Post a Comment